Global School Play Day!

Today was Global School Play Day. This day was inspired by Peter Gray who states that today’s kids do not grow up playing enough. He believes that not enough time playing can have a negative impact on kids. To help rectify this, the 3H Crew brought in a variety of things to play with for our “play time” this afternoon. The only rule was that there were no screens or batteries allowed.
File_001(2)
As you can see there was a lot of activity in our classroom!
File_003
“The definition of play is to have a good time, have fun, and be yourself” Jack G.
File_007
“I think that it is important to play because it gives us energy.” Sammy
“My favorite part of GSPD2016 was playing with your friends because you could share the fun with the people you know.” Hope

File_001
“My favorite part was playing with my friends because you get to learn about who they are and have fun!” Olivia M.
“I learned that playing a new game is fun because you get to know the game and you might like it.” Molly

File_004
“Today I learned teamwork and why it is important.” Cameron
File_005
“My favorite part of GSPD16 was playing Heads Up because it was funny when we found out what the word was.” Madison
File_003(2)
“I think it is important for kids to play because kids need to be happy.” Olivia F.
File_002
“It is important for kids to play because kids get to have time to talk about stuff.” Caroline
File_004
“It is important to play so we can have fun because if we don’t play, our life would be boring.” Will
“It is important for kids to play so that kids can have fun and socialize.” Kai